What is Heat Shrink Tubing?
In this article we provide the answer to a commonly asked question: What is heat shrink?
Treotham Automation has been providing product and component solutions to Australia’s industrial automation industry for over 25 years.
We are industry leading experts with an experienced team and a fully equipped workshop enabling us to offer tailored solutions based on the latest technology for our customers across Australia.
Read on to find out what is heat shrink tubing below.
Heat Shrink Tubing
What is heat shrink tubing? Heat-shrink tubing is a newly developed flame retardant tube used to insulate cables and protect electrical components from abrasion and environmental impacts. It can also be used to bundle cables together or to repair insulation on cables.
What Is Heat Shrink Tubing Made Of?
Heat shrink tubing is made using a specially designed formulation of advanced polymers.
Standard thin wall, medium wall and heavy wall options are available.
Depending on the heat shrink tubing type, features and characteristics can include:
- Halogen free & waterproof
- Flame retardant
- Excellent flexibility
- Quick shrinking and stable performance over time
- Wide temperature ranges
- Common fluids & solvents and high impact & abrasion resistant
- Seals & protects cable joints & terminations
- Complete environmental protection & insulation guaranteed
- Meets RoHS standards
- Complies with UL224 VW-1, C-UL CSA C 22.2 OFT
- Tested to UL224, IEC243, IEC93 & ASTM standards
Download the heat shrink tubing pdf for more information on specific tubing types and their individual characteristics.
What Is Shrink Tubing Suitable For?
Depending on the heat shrink tubing product, they are suitable for the following applications:
- Plant and machine construction
- Robot construction
- Automation technology
- Vehicle construction and shipbuilding
- Rail technology
- Installation technology
- Control cabinet construction
- Electronics & communications
Have more questions about what shrink tubing is? Contact our team of experts today who will be able to assist with further queries.