New Wenglor VisionApp 360 software eliminates complex programming work
More and more industrial users are discovering the enormous potential of three-dimensional and software-aided object measurement. Where 3D profile measurement is concerned, Wenglor has been demonstrating high levels of expertise for decades.
The VisionApp 360 software makes it possible to combine individual output values (point clouds) from up to 16 sensors into a coordinate system. Comprehensive 360° images and recordings of 3D profiles can thus be implemented without any programming knowledge. Thanks to the convenient user interface, the sensors can be synchronized and calibrated by means of simple parameters configuration. This eliminates time-consuming and costly programming work for the user.
Objects to be measured can be circular, oval or angular – their surface characteristics play practically no role at all in this regard. They can be used for a diverse range of applications, for example, the software is used to measure the exact profiles of railway rails using four profile sensors at the same time, but the combination of 2D/3D sensors and VisionApp 360 software is also being used successfully for the precise measurement of tree trunks at sawmills, and in the automotive industry for measuring gaps between auto body parts.
The sensors can be set up in any desired arrangement. For example, they can be arranged next to each other in a circle or a line. A calibration layout with corners can be arranged freely for the application. Measured values are read out via a TCP interface as a combined point cloud which can then be processed with additional software tools in order to obtain the desired results.
VisionApp 360 can be used together with all of the products of the weCat3D range available from Treotham Automation.
- uniVision 2.3: Image Processing Software Receives EtherNet/IP™ Interface
- uniVision 2.2 in August edition of 'New Zealand Manufacturer'
- VisionSystem2D: The Image Processing Solution
- Bin Picking – Pick the Right 3D Sensor
- UniVision 2.1 Software in November edition of 'Industry Update'
- New Wenglor lightband sensor
- New generation of Wenglor weFlux² fluid sensors with IO-Link 1.1
- weCat 3D Profile Sensors in February issue of 'Process Technology'
- New Blog Entry
- VisionApp360 software in October issue of 'Process Technology'