Fire-retardant polymer bar stock for railway technology from Treotham
Wear-resistant igus iglidur RW370 bar stock for maintenance-free special solutions in railway vehicles
Appropriate materials are needed to prevent fires in trains and trams. For exactly such cases, Treotham offers the special igus material iglidur RW370 not only in the form of plain bearings in its product range, but now also as a lubricant- and maintenance-free bar stock for the production of special solutions. This wear-resistant material complies with the fire protection standard EN 45545.
With the high-performance iglidur RW370, Treotham has a bearing material suitable for applications in trains and trams. It features high wear resistance and low coefficients of friction in dry running. The proven material is very hard-wearing and lubrication-free. Another important advantage of the material: It meets the fire protection standard EN 45545 required for materials used in railway technology. For the production of customised special solutions, Treotham now offers iglidur RW370 as bar stock and sheet in different sizes and thicknesses, so the designer has the opportunity to design shapes freely. The maintenance-free bar stock can be used on the bogie or in couplings of trains and trams, for example. Here they allow the carriage to slide onto the bogie and pivot the coupling in the event of lateral misalignment of the rails or cornering.
Wear-resistant special profiles manufactured quickly
In addition to special parts made of bar stock, Treotham can also provide special profiles of different shapes from iglidur RW370. These can be used for guiding train or tram doors, for example. In this application, the material plays other special functions: Compared to metal profiles, it reduces weight and is also quieter in operation. In addition, special profiles can save costs compared to other production processes by reducing rework and material scrap.
- drylin W exchange bearings in May edition of 'AMT' Magazine
- New ball transfer units for conveyor tables in 'Food and Drink Business'
- igus linear technology delivered from 24 hours
- iglidur® sealing rings in January issue of 'Food & Drink Business'
- Bar stock for railway in November issue of 'Demm' Magazine
- Linear guides in October issue of 'Industry Update'
- Lost cost modular robotics kit in September issue of 'Inside Robotics'
- Low cost robotics in August issue of 'New Zealand Engineering News'
- Igus isense in August issue of 'New Zealand Engineering News'
- UV resistant solar bearings in August issue of 'Demm'