What Is An Ultrasonic Sensor Used For?
In this article we provide the answer to the following question:
What is an ultrasonic sensor used for? Treotham Automationhas been providing products and components to Australia’s industrial automation sector for over 25 years.
We are leaders in the industry and our team have vast experience in determining solutions for our customers that are cost effective and based on the latest technology.
We are able to tailor solutions through our fully equipped workshop to ensure we meet specific requirements and safety standards. Find out what are ultrasonic sensors used for below.
Q: What are ultrasonic sensors used for?
A: Ultrasonic sensors are usedfor the reliable detection and measurement of objects, independent of their material, color, transparency and texture. Examples include:
- Transparent and dark objects
- Reflective surfaces
- Shiny objects
- Bulk materials and liquids
Ultrasonic waves of a certain frequency are pulsed to determine the object's distance from the duration of the ultrasound that it reflects. The measured value is output as either of the following two options:
Voltage value (0...10 V/4...20 mA) or
Digital form (IO-Link)
Some of the Wenglor ultrasonic sensor features will determine what is the use of ultrasonic sensor. Features include:
- Almost completely insensitive to interfering factors (e.g. extraneous light, dust, smoke, mist, vapor, lint, oily air, etc.)
- Easy to use
- Excellent technical properties
What Applications Are Ultrasonic Sensors Used For?
Below is a list of the applications the Wenglor ultrasonic sensor can be used for (depending on the product):
- Distance monitoring
- Fill level measurement (min./max.)
- Measuring of bulk solids
- Measuring stacking height
- Slack monitoring
- Quality testing
- Sag control for sheet products
- Position and presence monitoring
- Object selection
- Steel coil measurement
- Distance & collision protection
- Detection of dark objects
- Presence check
- Detection of dark, transparent or printed labels
Have more questions about what is the use of ultrasonic sensor? Contact our team of experts today who will be able to assist with further queries.